Sunday, October 27, 2013

Candy Crush, addictions
 Candy Crush the Addicts' Saga

Its amazing how addictions can overtake your life. Actually addictions can seriously ruin your life. Sure there are drug addictions, alcohol addictions, gambling addictions, etc. But there is one addiction that I tell you after being through Candy Crush HELL and back, I can tell you that this is far worse than Heroin.

It all started form a simple request which seemed harmless enough. I kept ignoring and ignoring the requests thinking it would go away. But the request and help for lives kept coming and coming. 

One day while being really bored and unemployed, I finally gave in. I remember it was a hot August day, very humid and the AC was kicking and I thought much better to stay indoors. I was playing words with friends and was waiting for moves when another request for Candy Crush popped up.

The request on the bottom of the screen was about to fade and I barley clicked it on and within seconds I was brought into this magical paradise of a Candy Land World. It was just so shiny and sweet and so inviting. So the Candy Crush girl invited me to play and I said " hey why not" how hard can it be to "switch" candies around and crush them.

So I started with a couple of the blue ones, then the yellow ones, then the bright orange ones. I switched some more and a striped one came down and ended up in a huge gumball that exploded and all the candies got zapped and crushed and flashes of words like SWEET, DIVINE, and CANDY CRUSH popped up. The candies flying everywhere on the screen it was wild.. I cleared that level and I really wanted more. Little did I know that this sweet innocent candy girl with her pet dragon were enablers and they were evil. 

This was how it began. The Candy Crush Saga of how Candy Crush ruined my life...

Next: taking days off of work to play Candy Crush....

2 comments:

  1. Just getting back to writing again. Your right it does make you feel better. Even if its silly.

    ReplyDelete