Monday, October 28, 2013

Candy Crush job interview pt 1

After months of being unemployed and sitting in front of the computer I was becoming a CANDY CRUSH Champion. I was clearing levels like nothing . I was by passing all my friends and every time I got a SUGAR RUSH I felt great with a warm tingly feeling of accomplishment inside.

The fun ended when I finally got a job interview. Yes I did need a job but I was living off my bank account and I didn't really need much. Didn't need change of clothes or food really. The occasional shower to keep fresh. But as long as I had Candy Crush, I could stay in my pajamas all day long and never leave this magical Candy land and all would be good in the world.

Then my little perfect world of shiny candies came tumbling down when I got a job interview. I was excited for a second. After months of my phone not ringing it was good to know my phone number was working I guess. So I got myself into Office working girl Interview mode. As much as I didn't want a job I knew I needed one to buy more Candy Crush boosters and I needed some income for that.

For the love of the game, I propped myself out of the house and onto the world of working employed people. I got on the subway, and made my way to the interview in the downtown sector of town. I find the address to the building, I enter, sign in with the front desk person, show my ID, and head to the interview. 

 A young guy gives me a clipboard with a pen and tells me to have a seat and fill out this 10 page form. I'm filling out my name, address, social security number and then I get down to the page where they want me to list previous employers and references. I'm like what?? How do I even begin to fill that out when I have not been working for months?

I started making up fake past job experiences and put down that I was a supervisor in a Candy factory and had experience at packing and switching candies around. Then where it said references I put down contact Ms. Candy Sweet. that's when I started feeling ill and was having the shakes. OMG not now. I started getting sweaty and hot, my hands were trembling, my eyes were twirling. I was in CANDY CRUSH Withdrawal. God Help me. 

I still had 9 pages to fill out but I needed my fix. I reached into my purse and grabbed my phone, turned it on and luckily I had the APP downloaded for a quick fix like this. I put the papers to the side started playing Candy Crush in the reception area and felt much better.What a relief. SWEET! 

After a few levels completed my blood pressure went down and the young man called me over to do some testing in another room.

Next: CANDY CRUSH Test taking at the agency



No comments:

Post a Comment