Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Candy Crush Interview pt 2

I filled out as much as I could on those forms and then was directed to another room where there were already several other candidates sitting at computers to take these tests. The young Asian guy sat me down, logged in and got me stated on the test.

There were ten pre-employment tests to take and all averaging about 20 minutes in length. I started the first one which seemed fairly easy. It was all true or false questions about how would you treat a customer? the questions started out fairly easily some were like "Customers are more easily satisfied if their expectations are
effectively managed." True or False. I answered True. And another one: "In responding to a frustrated customer's question, it's a good idea to immediately offer a solution". True or False. I answered False.

There were about 67 questions that went on and on  like this and I was getting dizzy about answering these questions. The questions became one big blur and I was seeing things like " If you play Candy Crush all day and night long, you will get hired for this job: True or False? "If you get past level 21 you will win a pot of candy crush gold." True or False. True! I exclaimed! Everyone around me just looked at me briefly with disdain in their eyes nodding as I crept deeper into my chair.

Finally got through that test and then 4 others followed. Something on Excel and Word, and typing and all I could think of to get me through this was that once I was done I could turn my phone on and play Candy Crush....

 Candy Crush was my savior! Candy Crush will get me this job! Candy Crush, Candy Crush.. Chanting Candy Crush and everyone in the Computer Testing room was cheering me on. Level 21 You CAN PASS it.. Get Boosters. Do it You Can Beat this level.. Candy Crush Candy Crush..Sweet Divine Sugar Rush...CANDY CRUSH CANDY CRUSH ALL IN UNISON..CANDY CRUSH.

...and all of a sudden.. I hear my name and some Lady taps me on the shoulder...."Ms. Gates...You got the job..You start Monday". That's when I woke up.

NEXT: First day at new job




No comments:

Post a Comment